The Hudu admin area is accessible ONLY to admins and super admin users within your organization.
- Admin Users
- Includes admin (and above) user roles; able to perform most abilities within Hudu and access admin area; cannot be added to security groups.
- Technician Users
- Includes spectator, author, and editor user roles; have varying levels of permissions due to user roles, and can be further restricted via security groups and password folders.
- Portal Users
- Have read-only access to a single client portal, and are at no extra cost. Portal users require unique login credentials and need to be assigned to a client space with an active external share portal.
- Portal user (free): Read-only access to a single client portal.
- These users are not considered licensed users but do require unique login credentials.
- Portal users need to be assigned to a client space with an active external share portal.
- Spectator: Read-only access to your Hudu environment.
- These users have read-only access to your actual Hudu environment, as opposed to only the external share portal.
- Spectators can be granted read-only access to all of your spaces or restricted down via security groups.
- Author: Gain access to writing and archiving.
- These users gain the ability to write within your Hudu environment; as well as archive information to the museum.
- Authors can be granted access to all of your spaces, or restricted via security groups.
- Editor: Gain access to some documentation tools.
- These users gain the ability to flag documentation and view expirations within Hudu.
- Editors can be granted access to all of your spaces or restricted down via security groups.
- Admin: Gain access to the admin tab.
- These users gain the ability to access almost all areas of your Hudu environment; as well as gain the ability to delete information.
- Admin users cannot be added to security groups.
- Super admin: Have access to all features/areas.
- These users have access to everything within your Hudu environment; as well as have the ability to export data out of your Hudu environment.
- Super-admins cannot be added to security groups.
- Navigate to the Hudu admin area on your Hudu Toolbar.
- Under the category 'Basic Setup,' click on the Users tab.
- Click ((+ Invite New User)).
- From here, type in the e-mail address(es) for the users you'd like to add. Click ((+ Add Emails when finished)).
- Please note that you can add as many e-mail addresses as you'd like, separated by commas; but they will all need to be the same user role when added multiple users at the same time.
Clicking + Add Emails does not create the user accounts; this will allow you to review the e-mails for the correctness and is required to click before Hudu will allow you to create the users.
- Assign the user(s) a user role from the list.
- Finish user setup:
- For portal users, it is required to select a client [space] to tie the portal user to (i.e. which clients' portal will they have access to).
- For spectators, authors, and editors; optionally assign them to a security group.
- "Default" security groups can also be configured, so that all added users will automatically be placed into this security group by default (unless otherwise specified).
- Click Create User(s).
- Navigate to the Hudu admin area on your Hudu Toolbar, and into the Users tab.
- Find the user that you'd like to remove, and click Archive.
- Alternatively, you can either click the user's name or click view profile to open up the user's details page.
- From this window, click Archive user.
- Users from Hudu are never deleted, only archived. This allows us to maintain the validity of your activity logs.
- Archiving technicians and portal users work very similarly to deleting the user; they will lose access to all environments they previously had access to, and will not be able to regain access unless they are unarchived.
- Viewing entire client spaces;
- Outline when users in a group are allowed to be active in your environment (via Login Schedules);
- and, set pretty much any other type of restriction that you'd like!
- Restrictions can be set at either a category basis (i.e. restricting a security group from viewing entire asset layouts or features); and/or
- they can be set at an individual level (i.e. restricting a security group from viewing an individual password, asset, or KB article).
For additional information, visit our Groups/Restrictions article to learn more!
- Be accessible to all users
- i.e. No restrictions set upon the actual password folder; the folder is accessible to all of your technicians.
- Passwords stored within unrestricted folders can still be individually restricted from users within security groups.
- Be accessible to selected users
- i.e. Which security groups, in addition to admin and super-admins, would you like to be able to view the particular password folder.
For additional information, visit our Password Folders article to learn more!
Answer: Navigate to your Hudu HQ Billing Portal Dashboard. Select My Billing>Access Billing Portal>Update Plan to reduce or increase your license count. If you decrease your license count in Hudu HQ but do not archive the user, this will result in your Hudu environment going into Limited Mode for exceeding the available license count. By archiving the user, you are essentially deleting the user account; but by archiving, it allows us to maintain the validity of your activity/audit logs.
Answer: Likely the user was the first account created in the environment, so your Hudu account deems this as the "owner" account. To archive this user, you'll need to change their user role to something other than super admin; you should now be able to archive the user.
Notes: Once the original super admin account has been archived, the next created super admin will default to the "owner" account, and cannot be archived until the user role has been changed.