- Access to retrieve an OpenAI API token.
- Admin or super-admin user role within Hudu.
At any time, you can come back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> OpenAI to make changes to the integration.
- Generate AI responses from prompts within KB articles.
- Create and copy AI-generated responses directly into KB articles.
What Hudu needs from OpenAI
- API Token
As of Hudu 2.28.5, Hudu now automatically pre-selects the latest version of ChatGPT for you to use.
Once integrated, an AI response prompt module will appear when editing all KB articles within Hudu.
- Navigate to either a client-specific KB article or a global KB article.
- Click Edit.
- On the right-hand navigation menu, find the section titled "Generate AI Response"
- Insert your prompt of choice into the provided field and click the arrow icon to generate.
- To regenerate a response, click the arrow icon again.
- Depending on the prompt, this can take a few minutes to generate.
- When you're happy with the response, click "copy response" down at the bottom, and paste it into your KB article.
Answer: If your API key is not being accepted, the most common solutions would be:
- Attempt to regenerate the API key and re-enter into Hudu.
- Ensure that you're using OpenAI API - this is different than ChatGPT Plus.
- Not enough OpenAI developer credits.
- OpenAI's API is not a free feature, you will need to either be on their free trial utilizing the provided credits or pay for the feature.