For example; we may have an asset layout that we call “Desktops”, and within this “Desktops” asset layout, we’ll have individual Desktop assets. The information stored on each particular desktop asset is organized into separate cards; based on how the information was brought into Hudu.
Creating Asset Layouts
For additional information on building asset layouts, visit Asset layouts.
- Navigate to a client interface (space) within your Hudu environment.
- Towards the bottom of the left-hand sidebar, look for the section titled Custom. Under this section, you'll find all of your active asset layouts.
- Click on an asset layout if you'd like to add an asset.
- Click ((New)) in the top right-hand corner.
- This window should contain all of your created fields for the specific asset layout type.
- Enter the information required based on the format and structure designated by your team.
- Ensure that you click either Create OR Create and Add Another to save your asset.
When adding an asset, you'll have the option to add information to any of the custom fields you chose for the particular asset layout. If you'd like to edit the information contained within these custom fields for a particular asset:
- Navigate to a client space, and click on the individual asset you'd like to edit.
- Find the custom card on the asset details page.
- This should be the first card on the asset page; as well as the only card with an ((Edit)) button in the top-right corner.
- Click ((Edit)).
- From here, you can choose to alter and/or add additional information to the asset fields.
- To edit what fields are available, you'll need to add or edit the fields associated with the Asset layout.
- Navigate to an asset layout within an individual client interface.
- From here, you can manage all assets stored within this particular asset layout. You can:
- Export asset list to .csv format;
- Bulk Manage allows you to move assets in bulk to other companies, archive to the museum or permanently delete (admins & super-admins only);
- or edit the asset layout, which takes you back to the admin asset creation and editing page.
- Navigate to an asset layout within an individual client interface (space).
- For example; navigate to a 'Desktops' asset layout, within 'Company X'.
- From here, click on a specific asset stored within the asset layout (ex. 'Michael's Desktop').
- Click on More Options in the top right.
- From this window, you'll be able to:
- Duplicate: Clone the asset;
- Mark as Gold Standard: Mark this asset as an example to follow;
- Move: Change the location of the asset to another company interface;
- Flag: Mark the asset for later review;
- Archive: Hide inactive documentation, items get moved to the museum;
- Delete: Remove documentation forever (available only to admins and super-admins);
- Change Group Access: Change viewing permissions (available only to admins and super admins).
- Spectators and above can view assets.
- Authors and above can create, update, and have access to some More Options button abilities.
- Editors and above can use all More Options button abilities.
- Admins and Super Admins have all abilities.
The sections below will serve to introduce tools associated with assets, which include additional organization, management, and documentation strategies. Expand each section for an overview of the feature.
For more information on this, visit Gold Standards.
For additional information on relating assets to other information, visit our Relationships article.
There is no limit to the number of files allowed to be uploaded but said uploaded individual files cannot exceed 100 MB per file.
Picture format can be PNG, JPG, or GIF but must be no more than 100 MB in size per individual upload.
The sections below will serve to introduce additional features associated with assets. The items below can all be found at the bottom of the right-hand action menu when inside an asset page.
Any action performed on an asset is recorded within the assets’ specific activity log; as well as in the Hudu admin area >> (Global Activity Logs).
- Client name.
- The action performed;
- By the user who performed the action;
- or by the IP address from which the action was performed.
- Users that have access to the asset will be designated by a green check mark.
- Users that are restricted from accessing the asset will be designated by a red X.
Printable versions will only contain information that is contained within your custom card (info added to the custom asset layout fields). This will not include information contained within integration cards.