WebHooks are automated messages sent from apps when something happens. They have a message—or payload— and are sent to a unique URL; named WebHook URL.
This article will serve to assist with sending WebHook notifications to any generic provider.
Before setting up WebHooks, please read over our Alerts article to learn basic concepts and useful tips.
You can use any generic provider to send WebHooks, if:
- The provider supports WebHooks.
- The provider supports requests with the Content-Type set to application/json
- The provider allows JSON payloads.
At any time, you can come back to the Hudu admin area >> Alerts >> edit specific alert to make changes to the alert.
- Navigate to your Hudu admin area >> Alerts.
- Click ((+ New Alert)).
- Give your alert a name.
- Select the expiration type from the choices and complete the required fields (see Alerts for more information).
- Click Configure WebHook and obtain the required WebHook URL from your provider.
- Provide payload delivery information in the WebHook payload field (must be valid JSON format).
- Save the alert by clicking ((Create Alert)).
- Navigate to your Hudu admin area >> Alerts and find your created alert from the list.
- Click on Test WebHook.
We are only testing your connection and payload, not your variables; sample variables will be filled in.