- Access to retrieve Watchman Monitoring API credentials.
- Admin or super-admin user role within Hudu.
At any time, you can come back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> Watchman Monitoring to make changes to the integration.
- Create client spaces within Hudu directly from Watchman organizations, or seamlessly merge them into existing (already-created) client spaces.
- Pull computer information from Watchman; sorted into asset layouts based on your set primary sync location.
What Hudu needs from WatchMan Monitoring
- Watchman Subdomain
- API Key.
- Navigate to the Hudu admin area >> Integrations.
- Select Watchman Monitoring from the list.
If you're running on a Hudu version before 18.104.22.168, you'll need to select create integration.
Obtaining the Watchman Monitoring Information
- Navigate and log in to your Watchman Monitoring account.
- On the left-hand sidebar, find Settings >> API.
- Click Generate a Key.
- Name the key and ensure that full access is enabled.
- In Hudu:
- Enter your Watchman subdomain (for example; if your URL is test.monitoringclient.com, then your subdomain would be: test).
- API key: Copy the API key provided by Watchman Monitoring and enter it into the API key field in Hudu exactly.
- Save the settings.
Make sure to test the integration for a successful connection before continuing; do not continue on until you see a connection successful message display.
- Start the sync. After inputting all settings and ensuring the connection was successful; start the sync to push initial data to Hudu from Watchman (this is required before moving on).
Hudu recommends matching one company first, for testing purposes, to ensure that your information comes over correctly.
- The first time your integration connection runs successfully, it will attempt to bring in companies from Watchman; these are then added to the Matched Companies List of that integration.
- Navigate to the Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> and find Watchman Monitoring from the list. Click into it.
- It should now have a button that says Match Companies.
- Go through the list of companies and either bulk create/match all OR decide to:
- Match the company to an existing (already created) client in Hudu;
- Create a matched client within Hudu from a Watchman company;
- Leave unmatched, company (and corresponding data) will not be created/brought into Hudu.
- Once you have matched your companies, you must re-run the integration import to fill in all the data for the newly matched/created companies.
Primary Sync Location
- Navigate back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> Watchman Monitoring ((Edit Settings)).
- Choose asset layouts (must be active asset layouts) from the list to designate as the primary sync location.
If you don't see/have not created any asset layouts yet, you’ll need to create these. Visit Asset layouts for additional information!
- Save your settings and stop/start your integration sync again to reflect your changes.
Answer: Native integrations will automatically re-sync (update) every 3 hours.
You can also use either the global or the card-specific re-sync features to refresh native integration syncs at any point.
Answer: If the Watchman Monitoring sync has been loading for a significant amount of time (it can take up to 10 minutes), follow the steps below:
- Test the connection to ensure Hudu and Watchman Monitoring are communicating correctly.
- Verify your Watchman Monitoring credentials.
- Refresh the page (while a sync is actively running).
- Stop the sync and restart the sync.
Answer: It should appear on subsequent re-syncs. If it is still not appearing, ensure that it has not been archived; and still exists in your sort rules.
Notes: Active integrations sync automatically every 3 hours; manual re-syncs can be performed either within an integrations’ settings page or by clicking the top right re-sync button.