- Access to retrieve Datto BCDR API credentials.
- Admin or super-admin user role within Hudu.
At any time, you can come back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> Datto Backup to make changes to the integration.
- Create client spaces within Hudu directly from Datto BCDR companies, or seamlessly merge them into existing (already-created) client spaces.
- Pull backup devices and corresponding data from Datto BCDR; sorted into asset layouts based on your primary sync location.
What Hudu needs from Datto BCDR
- Public Key.
- Private Key.
- Navigate to Hudu admin area >> Integrations.
- Select Datto Backup from the list.
If you're running on a Hudu version before 188.8.131.52, you'll need to select create integration.
Obtaining the Datto BCDR Information
- Login to Datto BCDR; and navigate to Admin >> Integrations.
- Copy the REST API Public Key and REST API Secret Key.
- Paste these into Hudu exactly.
- Save the settings.
Make sure to test the integration for a successful connection before continuing; do not continue on until you see a connection successful message display.
- Start the sync. After inputting all settings and ensuring the connection was successful; start the sync to push initial data to Hudu from Datto BCDR (this is required before moving on).
Hudu will only bring in devices that have a client associated. If you don't see the following, Hudu will not bring in the device:
To associate a client to a device in Datto BCDR, go to the header in Datto Billing >> click Admin >> Manage Clients >> click on the edit ((pencil icon)) >> Link Devices.
Hudu recommends matching one company first, for testing purposes, to ensure that your information comes over correctly.
- The first time your integration connection runs successfully, it will attempt to bring in companies from Datto BCDR; these are then added to the Matched Companies List of that integration.
- Navigate to the Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> and find Datto BCDR from the list. Click on it.
- It should now have a button that says Match Companies.
- Go through the list of companies and either bulk create/match all OR decide to:
- Match the company to an existing (already created) client in Hudu;
- Create a matched client within Hudu from a Datto BCDR company;
- Leave unmatched, company (and corresponding data) will not be created/brought into Hudu.
- Once you have matched your companies, you must re-run the integration import to fill in all the data for the newly matched/created companies.
Primary Sync Location
- Navigate back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> Datto BCDR ((Edit Settings)).
- Choose asset layouts (must be active asset layouts) from the list to designate as the primary sync location.
If you don't see/have not created any asset layouts yet, you’ll need to create these. Visit Asset Layouts for additional information!
- Save your settings and stop/start your integration sync again to reflect your changes.
Answer: Native integrations will automatically re-sync (update) every 3 hours.
You can also use either the global or the card-specific re-sync features to refresh native integration syncs at any point.
Answer: If the Datto BCDR sync has been loading for a significant amount of time (it can take up to 10 minutes), follow the steps below:
- Test the connection to ensure Hudu and Datto BCDR are communicating correctly.
- Verify your Datto BCDR credentials.
- Refresh the page (while a sync is actively running).
- Stop the sync and restart the sync.
Answer: It should appear on subsequent re-syncs. If it is still not appearing, ensure that it has not been archived; and still exists in your sort rules.
Notes: Active integrations sync automatically every 3 hours; manual re-syncs can be performed either within an integrations’ settings page or by clicking the top right re-sync button.