- Access to retrieve Datto RMM API credentials.
- Admin or super-admin user role within Hudu.
At any time, you can come back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> Datto RMM to make changes to the integration.
- Create client spaces within Hudu directly from Datto RMM companies, or seamlessly merge them into existing (already-created) client spaces.
- Pull device information from Datto RMM; sorted into asset layouts based on set sort rules.
What Hudu needs from Datto RMM
- API URL.
- API Key ID.
- API Secret Key.
- Navigate to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations.
- Select Datto RMM from the list.
If you're running on a Hudu version before 126.96.36.199, you'll need to select create integration.
Obtaining the Datto RMM Information
- Navigate to your Datto RMM instance and log in.
- Select your username at the top.
- In the setup section, choose users.
- Select the user from the list that will be setting up the integration (likely yourself).
- Once selected, a window will open up. Click ((Regenerate Key)).
- In order for the secret key to be visible; you will need to regenerate the key first.
- When regenerating a key, both the API key and the API secret key will change; ensure that you click regenerate before copying the API key.
- Save the secret key or copy it immediately. Once you leave the page you will no longer be able to copy the Secret Key.
- Click save on your user details page (bottom left next to close).
- Copy the 3 items provided by Datto RMM into Hudu exactly.
- API URL.
- API Key ID.
- API Secret Key.
- Save the settings.
Make sure to test the integration for a successful connection before continuing; do not continue on until you see a connection successful message display.
- Start the sync. After inputting all settings and ensuring the connection was successful; start the sync to push initial data to Hudu from Datto RMM (this is required before moving on).
Hudu recommends matching one company first, for testing purposes, to ensure that your information comes over correctly.
- The first time your integration connection runs successfully, it will attempt to bring in companies from Datto RMM; these are then added to the Matched Companies List of that integration.
- Navigate to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> and find Datto RMM from the list. Click into it.
- It should now have a button that says Match Companies.
- Go through the list of companies and either bulk create/match all OR decide to:
- Match the company to an existing (already created) client in Hudu;
- Create a matched company within Hudu from a Datto RMM company;
- Leave unmatched, company (and corresponding data) will not be created/brought into Hudu.
- Once you have matched your companies, you must re-run the integration import to fill in all the data for the newly matched/created companies.
- Choose to Auto-Archive Deleted Devices.
- Devices deleted within Datto RMM will get moved to the respective clients' museum within Hudu.
- Save your settings and stop/start your integration sync again to reflect your changes.
Answer: In order for a company/client to be matched from Datto RMM, it must have at least one device. Otherwise, it can't be found in the Match Companies List.
Answer: Native integrations will automatically re-sync (update) every 3 hours.
You can also use either the global or the card-specific re-sync features to refresh native integration syncs at any point.
Answer: If the DattoRMM sync has been loading for a significant amount of time (it can take up to 10 minutes), follow the steps below:
- Test the connection to ensure Hudu and DattoRMM are communicating correctly.
- Verify your DattoRMM credentials.
- Refresh the page (while a sync is actively running).
- Stop the sync and restart the sync.
Answer: It should appear on subsequent re-syncs. If it is still not appearing, ensure that it has not been archived; and still exists in your sort rules.
Notes: Active integrations sync automatically every 3 hours; manual re-syncs can be performed either within an integrations’ settings page or by clicking the top right re-sync button.