- Access to retrieve NinjaOne API credentials.
- Admin or super-admin user role within Hudu.
At any time, you can come back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> NinjaOne to make changes to the integration.
- Create client spaces within Hudu directly from Ninja companies, or seamlessly merge them into existing (already-created) client spaces.
- Pull device information from NinjaOne; sorted into asset layouts based on set sort rules and your primary sync location(s).
What Hudu needs from NinjaOne
- Client ID.
- Client Secret.
- Navigate to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations.
- Select NinjaOne from the list.
If you're running on a Hudu version before 220.127.116.11, you'll need to select create integration.
Ninja recently changed to the V2 version of their API. If you were using Hudu and Ninja together before Hudu 18.104.22.168, you will need to migrate.
Obtaining the NinjaOne Information
- Login to NinjaRMM and click on Administration on the sidebar.
- On the left-hand sidebar, click Apps.
- Select API
- Click Client App IDs >> Add. Fill the fields in as shown.
Redirect URI is not required but will show required until you un-click the 'authorization code' checkbox. Click the 'client credentials box' instead.
- Copy the Client ID and Client Secret credentials into Hudu.
- The secret key credential opens in a new window; only visible one time.
- The client ID can be found in the list view of applications in Ninja after closing the client secret window.
The Client ID is NOT the name of the application that you designated earlier; this is provided directly by Ninja.
- Select either the European, Oceania or Canadian region (if this applies to you).
If you select a region when not required, the test connection will fail. If your connection test is not connecting, consider checking to see if this option was enabled.
- Save the settings.
Make sure to test the integration for a successful connection before continuing; do not continue on until you see a connection successful message display.
- Start the sync. After inputting all settings and ensuring the connection was successful; start the sync to push initial data to Hudu from NinjaOne (this is required before moving on).
Hudu recommends matching one company first, for testing purposes, to ensure that your information comes over correctly.
- The first time your integration connection runs successfully, it will attempt to bring in companies from Ninja; these are then added to the Matched Companies List of that integration.
- Navigate to the Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> and find NinjaOne from the list. Click on it.
- It should now have a button that says Match Companies.
- Go through the list of companies and either bulk create/match all OR decide to:
- Match the company to an existing (already created) client in Hudu;
- Create a matched client within Hudu from a Ninja company;
- Leave unmatched, company (and corresponding data) will not be created/brought into Hudu.
- Once you have matched your companies, you must re-run the integration import to fill in all the data for the newly matched/created companies.
- Choose which items, if any, you'd like to skip from being brought into Hudu.
- Save your settings and stop/start your integration sync again to reflect your changes.
Answer: Native integrations will automatically re-sync (update) every 3 hours.
You can also use either the global or the card-specific re-sync features to refresh native integration syncs at any point.
Answer: If the NinjaOne sync has been loading for a significant amount of time (it can take up to 10 minutes), follow the steps below:
- Test the connection to ensure Hudu and NinjaOne are communicating correctly.
- Verify your NinjaOne credentials.
- Refresh the page (while a sync is actively running).
- Stop the sync and restart the sync.
Answer: It should appear on subsequent re-syncs. If it is still not appearing, ensure that it has not been archived; and still exists in your sort rules.
Notes: Active integrations sync automatically every 3 hours; manual re-syncs can be performed either within an integrations’ settings page or by clicking the top right re-sync button.