- Access to retrieve HaloPSA API credentials.
- Admin or super-admin user role within Hudu.
At any time, you can come back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> HaloPSA to make changes to the integration.
- Create client spaces within Hudu directly from HaloPSA companies, or seamlessly merge them into existing (already-created) client spaces.
- Pull users directly from HaloPSA and easily sort into an asset layout of your choice ("People", "Contacts", "Company A employees", etc.)
- Pull asset information from HaloPSA; sorted into asset layouts based on set sort rules and your primary sync location(s).
- Pull in active contracts to allow for visibility on client spaces within Hudu.
- Pull sites/locations from HaloPSA.
What Hudu needs from HaloPSA
- Resource Server.
- Client ID.
- Client Secret.
- Navigate to Hudu admin area >> Integrations.
- Select HaloPSA from the list.
If you're running on a Hudu version before 188.8.131.52, you'll need to select create integration.
Obtaining the HaloPSA Information
- Navigate to your Halo instance >> Configuration >> Integrations >> HaloPSA API.
- Click on ((View applications)), and then ((Create a New Application)).
- Name the application.
- Confirm in the last step that the active checkbox is checked.
- Choose Client ID and Secret as the authentication method.
- Record these in a secure and secret place. You will need them later.
- Choose the correct Login Type and Agent to log in as.
- This can be any user, but we usually recommend creating a dedicated user for this.
- Ensure that you choose a valid user that has access to all of the clients you'd like to bring in.
- Select the Permissions tab; and choose read:customers and read:assets.
- Save the settings in HaloPSA.
- Back in Hudu; enter the resource server, tenant, client ID, and client secret into the provided fields.
- These can all be found in Halo >> Configurations >> Integrations >> HaloPSA API.
- If you are using self-hosted Halo, leave the Tenant field blank.
- Make sure there is not a closing "/" at the end of the resource server and authorization server!
- Save the settings.
Make sure to test the integration for a successful connection before continuing; do not continue on until you see a connection successful message display.
- Start the sync. After inputting all settings and ensuring the connection was successful; start the sync to push initial data to Hudu from HaloPSA (this is required before moving on).
Hudu recommends matching one company first, for testing purposes, to ensure that your information comes over correctly.
- The first time your integration connection runs successfully, it will attempt to bring in companies from Halo; these are then added to the Matched Companies List of that integration.
- Navigate to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> and find HaloPSA from the list. Click into it.
- It should now have a button that says Match Companies.
- Go through the list of companies and either bulk create/match all OR decide to:
- Match the company to an existing (already created) client in Hudu;
- Create a matched client within Hudu from a Halo company;
- Leave unmatched, company (and corresponding data) will not be created/brought into Hudu.
- Once you have matched your companies, you must re-run the integration import to fill in all the data for the newly matched/created companies.
Primary Sync Location
- Navigate back to your Hudu admin >> Integrations >> Halo ((Edit Settings)).
- Choose asset layouts (must be active asset layouts) from the list to designate as the primary sync locations.
If you don't see/have not created any asset layouts yet, you’ll need to create these. Visit Asset layouts for additional information!
- Choose which items, if any, you'd like to skip from being brought into Hudu.
- Save your settings and stop/start your integration sync again to reflect your changes.
Answer: Native integrations will automatically re-sync (update) every 3 hours.
You can also use either the global or the card-specific re-sync features to refresh native integration syncs at any point.
Answer: If the Halo sync has been loading for a significant amount of time (it can take up to 10 minutes), follow the steps below:
- Test the connection to ensure Hudu and Halo are communicating correctly.
- Verify your Halo credentials.
- Refresh the page (while a sync is actively running).
- Stop the sync and restart the sync.
Answer: It should appear on subsequent re-syncs. If it is still not appearing, ensure that it has not been archived; and still exists in your sort rules.
Notes: Active integrations sync automatically every 3 hours; manual re-syncs can be performed either within an integrations’ settings page or by clicking the top right re-sync button.