- Access to retrieve Syncro MSP API credentials.
- Admin or super-admin user role within Hudu.
At any time, you can come back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> SyncroMSP to make changes to the integration.
- Create client spaces within Hudu directly from your Syncro companies, or seamlessly merge them into existing (already-created) client spaces.
- Pull contacts directly from Syncro and easily sort into an asset layout of your choice ("People", "Contacts", "Company A employees", etc.)
- Pull asset information from Syncro; sorted into asset layouts based on set sort rules and your primary sync location(s).
What Hudu needs from Syncro MSP
- Syncro Domain.
- API Key.
- Navigate to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations.
- Select SyncroMSP from the list.
If you're running on a Hudu version before 126.96.36.199, you'll need to select create integration.
Obtaining the Syncro Information
- Navigate to your Syncro instance.
- Copy the Syncro domain and paste it into Hudu.
- This should follow the format: instancename.syncromsp.com
- Do not include "HTTPS:" or any "/"
- To obtain the API key:
- In the top toolbar, click on your profile picture >> settings.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page; on the right-hand side, you should see API tokens.
- Select ((New Token)).
- There is a pre-built configuration for Hudu; find this in the list and click ((Create Token)).
- Once created, name it and copy the provided token.
- Paste this token into the Syncro integration API Key field within Hudu.
- Save the settings.
Make sure to test the integration for a successful connection before continuing; do not continue on until you see a connection successful message display.
- Start the sync. After inputting all settings and ensuring the connection was successful; start the sync to push initial data to Hudu from Syncro (this is required before moving on).
Hudu recommends matching one company first, for testing purposes, to ensure that your information comes over correctly.
- The first time your integration connection runs successfully, it will attempt to bring in companies from Syncro; these are then added to the Matched Companies List of that integration.
- Navigate to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> and find SyncroMSP from the list. Click into it.
- It should now have a button that says Match Companies.
- Go through the list of companies and either bulk create/match all OR decide to:
- Match the company to an existing (already created) client in Hudu;
- Create a matched client within Hudu from a Syncro company;
- Leave unmatched, company (and corresponding data) will not be created/brought into Hudu.
- Once you have matched your companies, you must re-run the integration import to fill in all the data for the newly matched/created companies.
Primary Sync Location
- Navigate back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> Syncro ((Edit Settings)).
- Choose asset layouts (must be active asset layouts) from the list to designate as the primary sync locations.
If you don't see/have not created any asset layouts yet, you’ll need to create these. Visit Asset Layouts for additional information!
- Choose which items, if any, you'd like to skip from being brought into Hudu.
Sort rules allow you to select which data types (from Syncro) will be mapped into which asset layouts (within Hudu). They allow you to specify certain "rules" for asset types as to where they get placed; any asset types that are brought in, but are not told where to be placed via sort rules, will be placed into the corresponding primary sync location.
- Save your settings and stop/start your integration sync again to reflect your changes.
Answer: Native integrations will automatically re-sync (update) every 3 hours.
You can also use either the global or the card-specific re-sync features to refresh native integration syncs at any point.
Answer: If the Syncro sync has been loading for a significant amount of time (it can take up to 10 minutes), follow the steps below:
- Test the connection to ensure Hudu and Syncro are communicating correctly.
- Verify your Syncro credentials.
- Refresh the page (while a sync is actively running).
- Stop the sync and restart the sync.
Answer: It should appear on subsequent re-syncs. If it is still not appearing, ensure that it has not been archived; and still exists in your sort rules.
Notes: Active integrations sync automatically every 3 hours; manual re-syncs can be performed either within an integrations’ settings page or by clicking the top right re-sync button.