- Access to retrieve Autotask PSA API credentials.
- Admin or super-admin user role within Hudu.
At any time, you can come back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> Autotask to make changes to the integration.
- Create client spaces within Hudu directly from Autotask companies, or seamlessly merge them into existing (already-created) client spaces.
- Pull contacts directly from Autotask and easily sort them into an asset layout of your choice ("People", "Contacts", "Company A employees", etc.)
- Pull configurations and device information from Autotask; sorted into asset layouts based on set sort rules and your primary sync location(s).
- Pull sites/locations from Autotask.
What Hudu needs from Autotask
- Username (Key).
- Password (Secret).
- Navigate to Hudu admin area >> Integrations.
- Select Autotask from the list.
If you're running on a Hudu version before 188.8.131.52, you'll need to select create integration.
Obtaining the Autotask Information
- Navigate to the Autotask Portal.
- In the left-hand corner, click on Admin >> Resources (Users)
- Click on the button that says ((+ New)) >> New API User.
- Fill out the form like the screenshot, using "Hudu Technologies - Documentation" as the Integration Vendor.
- Copy the generated key and secret for use in Hudu.
- Save the settings.
Make sure to test the integration for a successful connection before continuing; do not continue on until you see a connection successful message display.
- Start the sync. After inputting all settings and ensuring the connection was successful; start the sync to push initial data to Hudu from Autotask (this is required before moving on).
Hudu recommends matching one company first, for testing purposes, to ensure that your information comes over correctly.
- The first time your integration connection runs successfully, it will attempt to bring in companies from Autotask; these are then added to the Matched Companies List of that integration.
- Navigate to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> and find Autotask PSA from the list. Click into it.
- It should now have a button that says Match Companies.
- Go through the list of companies and either bulk create/match all OR decide to:
- Match the company to an existing (already created) client in Hudu;
- Create a matched client within Hudu from an Autotask company;
- Leave unmatched, company (and corresponding data) will not be created/brought into Hudu.
- Once you have matched your companies, you must re-run the integration import to fill in all the data for the newly matched/created companies.
Primary Sync Location
- Navigate back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> Autotask ((Edit Settings)).
- Choose asset layouts (must be active asset layouts) from the list to designate as the primary sync locations.
If you don't see/have not created any asset layouts yet, you’ll need to create these. Visit Asset layouts for additional information!
- Choose which items, if any, you'd like to skip from being brought into Hudu.
- Choose to have the integration auto-update names of assets.
- This allows the name of the asset to be changed (contact, location, or configuration) when it's changed in Autotask. Otherwise, it will not change.
- Save your settings and stop/start your integration sync again to reflect your changes.
Setting Up LiveLinks
- Go to Autotask >> Admin.
- Click on Extensions >> Admin >> Automation >> AutoForms & LiveLinks >> LiveLinks Designer.
- Click ((+ New)).
- Create a LiveLink with:
- A label of your choice.
- For example: "Jump to Hudu";
- Category: Service Desk.
- LiveLink Name: a name fitting.
- For example "Hudu"
- Base URL: https://myhuduwebsite.com/autotask_live_links/ and replace the mywebsitewebsite.com with your instance URL.
- A label of your choice.
- Add the Entity as Company, and Insert the Account ID as the QueryString Value.
- You will then need to set at least one role and one department for it to be active.
Answer: Native integrations will automatically re-sync (update) every 3 hours.
You can also use either the global or the card-specific re-sync features to refresh native integration syncs at any point.
Answer: If the Autotask sync has been loading for a significant amount of time (it can take up to 10 minutes), follow the steps below:
- Test the connection to ensure Hudu and Autotask are communicating correctly.
- Verify your Autotask credentials.
- Refresh the page (while a sync is actively running).
- Stop the sync and restart the sync.
Answer: It should appear on subsequent re-syncs. If it is still not appearing, ensure that it has not been archived; and still exists in your sort rules.
Notes: Active integrations sync automatically every 3 hours; manual re-syncs can be performed either within an integrations’ settings page or by clicking the top right re-sync button.
Answer: By default, Hudu will bring over all assets in a company/client from Autotask. When an item is marked inactive, then it is sent to the Company's Museum. If marked active in Autotask, then it will be brought out of the museum.
Answer: Hudu matches on Autotask's Configuration Category (not Configuration Item Type). Make sure that the first category is matched up in Hudu. A common issue is that you may have your devices as something like Standard > Workstation, which means you would need to match Standard in Hudu (not workstation). Make sure you have the type in blue matched in Hudu.
Notes: A common issue is that you may have your devices tiered something like Standard > Workstation, which means you would need to match Standard in Hudu (not Workstation). Make sure you have the type in blue matched in Hudu.