- Website expirations
- Expirations are obtained by inputting a website URL into the website section of a client space. Domain and SSL certificate expirations will be automatically tracked.
- Custom expirations
- Expirations are added via a "date" field on an asset layout.
- Ensure the ((Add to Expirations)) button is checked when creating the field if you'd like this date to be added to the expirations category.
- Article expirations
- Expirations added to a client's KB article will always be added to the expiration list.
Creating Custom Expirations
Visit Asset layouts for additional information on adding fields.
- Navigate to the Hudu admin area >> Asset Layouts tab.
- ((Create New)) or click into an existing asset layout that you'd like to add an expiration to (ex. Desktops), and click ((New Field)).
- Choose ((Date Field)) from the list of options.
- Give the field a name (ex. "Warranty Expiration") and ensure that you enable the ((Add to Expirations)) checkbox, down at the bottom.
- Click ((Create Field)).
- Navigate back to a client space, and into the asset layout that you've just edited.
- Create a new one or click on an existing asset that you'd like to add an expiration to (ex. "John's Desktop").
- Find the "Warranty Expiration" field that we've just created, and select an expiration date from the calendar widget.
- An expiration should now have been created within the same client's Expiration section, on the left-hand side menu.
For additional information, visit our Website/SSL Monitoring article!
- Navigate to a client's KB section >> and into an individual knowledge base article.
- Once inside an article, at the top right of the content page, click ((Manage)).
- From the newly opened window, select ((Set Expiration Date)), and choose your desired expiry date from the calendar widget.
- This will automatically place the article into the client's expiration category.
The sections below will serve to introduce additional tools and features associated with expirations. Expand each section for an overview of the tool.
- Editor roles and above have access to the global expirations list.
- Any expirations found within any clients’ expirations section can be found in the global expiration list.
Visit Alerts for additional information.
- Expirations will only appear in the expiring soon category if the expiration falls within a set number of trigger days.
- Trigger days can be configured by clicking the top-right Profile Icon >> Edit Profile >> then selecting the number of trigger days you'd like.