This article has been moved!
We've recently updated our support center articles - Please bear with us while we make the transition. This article can now be found here!
Before starting to connect an integration, please read:
The Autotask integration allows you to sync over:
- These will be matched into categories (asset layouts) of your documentation that you configure on the Edit Settings page of the integration)
You can also choose to skip individual parts of what is synced in, if you would like.
- Auto-update names of assets? What does that do?
- This allows you to change the name of the asset (contact, location, or configuration) when it's changed in Autotask. Otherwise, it will not change.
- How does archiving work?
- By default Hudu will bring over all assets in a company/client from Autotask. When an item is marked inactive, then it is sent to the Company's Museum. If marked active in Autotask, then it will be brought out of the museum.
- I'm missing devices coming from the sync?
- Hudu matches on Autotask's Configuration Item Type. Make sure that the first category is matched up in Hudu. A common issue is that you may have your devices as something like Standard > Workstation, which means you would need to match Standard in Hudu (not workstation). Make sure you have the type in blue matched in Hudu.
Getting the API info from Autotask
- Navigate to the Autotask Portal
- In the left hand corner, click on Admin > Resources (Users)
- Click on the button that says + New -> New API User
- Fill out the form like the screenshot, using "Hudu Technologies - Documentation" as the Integration Vendor
- Copy the generated key and secret for use in Hudu.
- Hit Save and Close
Make sure to test the integration for a successful connection before starting to import!
Before contacts and sites will be added into Hudu, you must have an Asset Layout for both of them already created. Make sure the Asset Layout is active. Otherwise, the Asset Layout will not be displayed in the companies.
Hudu's import works in two stages. First, Hudu will look for companies to match in to Hudu. We will attempt to match them with companies already in the system. Then, you will need to match companies before attempting to bring in any company information.
Setting up LiveLinks
Refer to this page from Autotask to see where to access LiveLinks and permission levels
You can set up LiveLinks to automatically open Hudu companies from Autotask.
- Go to Autotask -> Admin.
- Click on Extensions -> Admin -> Automation > AutoForms & LiveLinks > LiveLinks Designer
- Click + New
- Create a LiveLink with :
- a label of your choice, for example: "Jump to Hudu"
- Category: Service Desk
- LiveLink Name: a name fitting, for example: "Hudu"
- Base URL: https://myhuduwebsite.com/autotask_live_links/ and replace the mywebsitewebsite.com with your instance URL.
- Add the Entity as Company, and Insert the Account ID as the QueryString Value
- You will then need to set at least one role and one department for it to be active on.