This article has been moved!
We've recently updated our support center articles - Please bear with us while we make the transition. This article can now be found here!
When Hudu pulls in information from outside data sources, it uses a concept called a Card to allow you to easily move around information, and "stack" information from multiple sources into one, readable Asset.
What is a card?
A card is any individual element coming from an integration.
Examples of cards within Hudu are:
- Office 365 User
- Syncro Device
- Syncro Contact
- ConnectWise Manage Configuration
- ConnectWise Manage Contact
- Atera Device
Companies are NOT an example of a card.
There are many other types of cards, and more will be added as more integrations become available within Hudu.
What are the benefits of cards?
If you are coming from other documentation providers, you may be wondering what the advantages of cards are, and why we felt the need to create a new concept.
Cards provide the following benefits:
- Consolidation of your documentation system. You no longer have information on different pages and you don't have to manually relate as much documentation. Less clicks are performed, and your technicians are happier.
- Consolidation across multiple services. Your technicians no longer have to click to multiple sites and services to see information. Instead, it is all on one Asset.
- Custom documentation. You now have the ability to add missing information that isn't coming from integrations. Add custom fields, comments, passwords, files, and more. This will all be displayed on the same page as your integration data.
How do cards get added into Hudu?
When you first set up an integration within Hudu, you will choose which Asset Layout to place information in. For example, you might designate Office 365 users to go into an Asset Layout named "People".
Now, cards will look for a matching Asset. Hudu uses a matching algorithm that uses a variety of different factors to place cards, but the name is the #1 element we look for. If the matching algorithm found a suitable Asset, then we will place the card in that Asset. If the algorithm did not find a matching Asset, then one will be created.
Once an Asset and Card are paired, they will stay paired. As an Admin or Super Admin, you can rematch a card with a different Asset by navigating to that card and hitting "Rematch".
Diagram of how Cards work in Assets