You can now plan, track, and manage IP addresses inside a network with Hudu's new IP Address Management feature! IP Address Management will allow tracking:
- How many IP addresses are inside of a network.
- What the IP addresses are currently doing.
- Details about a network.
- Subnets inside of a network.
The ability to create and manage networks is only available on Hudu Versions 2.28.0 or later.
The sections below will guide you through adding a network and managing IP addresses within the network.
Set Network Defaults From Pre-Defined Lists
The Hudu admin area is accessible ONLY to your organization's admins and super admin users.
- Navigate to the Hudu Admin tab >> select Network Management.
- Set a list to choose statuses from.
- Set a list to choose roles from.
Visit our Lists article to learn more about creating lists for the Status and Role fields!
Adding a Network
- Navigate to a client space.
- Select Network Management from the left-hand sidebar.
- In Networks, Click + Add.
- Enter a CIDR Range.
- Click Create at the bottom to save.
Locations can be associated with Networks by editing the asset layout that contains your locations and checking the Use For Locations box. For more information on how to edit Asset Layouts, visit Asset Layouts.
Adding IP Addresses
IP address Must be within network rules for it to validate.
- Once the network is created, click the + New button in the IP Addresses section.
- Add an IP address and choose a status (Assigned, Unassigned, Reserved, Deprecated, etc..).
- Choose asset and FQDN associated with the IP address.
- Use the Filter option to find added IP addresses - filter by IP Address, Status or FQDN.
The sections below will serve to introduce additional features associated with IP Address Management.
- Client name.
- The action performed;
- By the user who performed the action;
- or by the IP address from which the action was performed.
- The import feature can be used to import new IP addresses or update the current ones.
- To update current IP addresses, use the export function, make the changes, and reimport the file.