Our built-in TOTP generator allows for traditional OTP code viewing; as well as team collaboration and secure, external sharing.
If setting this up on a personal account, proceed to the end of this article.
- In the Microsoft Admin Portal, start searching for Multi-Factor Authentication.
- Now, click on the popup and hit Configure multi-factor authentication
- Then, choose a user to enable it for a user:
- Click Enable.
- On the info screen, hit ((enable multi-factor auth))
- You will now need to log out and re-login.
- After entering your username and password, hit Next.
- Choose Mobile App as the authentication option, and Use Verification Code as how you want to use the mobile app.
- Once you hit Set up, then a screen will pop up.
- Make sure to hit Configure App without notifications
- You will need to paste the code generated into the Hudu OTP field.
The secret key must be at least 16 characters long and use Base32 formatting.
- Finish the setup, and you can now use Hudu to generate codes:
For Personal Office Accounts
Make sure to click the "I want to use a different authenticator app" when setting up 2FA.