Our commitment to privacy and data protection
The GDPR takes effect on May 25, 2018, and expands the obligations of organizations that handle the personal data of EU citizens. If you are located in the EU or do business in the EU, you are subject to the regulations. The following provides more detail about Hudu’s relationship with personal data, and what Hudu has been doing in preparation for GDPR.
How Hudu is prepared for GDPR
- Conduct full-scale data mapping exercises; we know where your data is stored, who can access it, and how it’s used.
- Conduct organization-wide training for customer privacy and data security awareness.
- Provide tools to assist with your compliance efforts.
- We developed and implemented a number of new policies and procedures to ensure that we are able to respond efficiently to data protection issues, including a Data Retention Policy and Subject Access Request Procedure
- Provide necessary model clause agreements.
What personal data is stored in Hudu?
Hudu usually holds a small amount of personal data. Other than the limited amount we need for billing and HR, we also can hold contact data, profile data, and registration data. This information is held in our secure database.
Security for personal data
Hudu considers the security of our users and the data they collect to be a top priority. We are trusted with our customers’ valuable data every day, and we’ve set high standards for data safety and reliability.
Hudu has invested in our technical, administrative, and physical infrastructure to continuously meet or exceed industry standards. In preparation for GDPR, we are expanding awareness around security and best practices across our entire organization. We are also maintaining a detailed data map to record where personally identifiable data is stored, who has access to the data, the purpose of the data storage, and how the data is imported/exported.
Data portability and how you can comply with GDPR using Hudu
Hudu is dedicated to providing our customers with the tools they need to maintain compliance under GDPR. Our product development roadmap is informed by the needs of our customers and product changes to enable compliance are a priority.
The tools Hudu provides to help customers become GDPR-compliant include:
- Importing/exporting tools.
- You can easily add data to Hudu as well as export a copy of the data. Imports and exports are used for data portability and simple updating of the personal data that you store in Hudu. Also available via our API. If your customers request deletion or updates to their personal data, these tools allow you to handle those requests easily. Also available via our API.
- Bulk editing of company and contact information.
- If your customers request deletion or updates to their personal data, these tools allow you to handle those requests easily. Also available via our API.
- User profiles.
- Your personal information in your Hudu user profile may be edited or deleted at any time.
- Automatic data purge.
- If you cancel your Hudu account, your entire database is deleted from our servers in 90 days.
- The option to immediately and permanently delete a company or person from Hudu.
Hudu is happy to assist you in complying with the requirements of GDPR as your data processor and to provide you with the resources you need as a data controller.
Check this page for future updates regarding GDPR preparedness and compliance.