When you receive the message "Hudu is in Limited Mode", it means that your instance has entered a limited mode status.
In Limited Mode, you have access to all documentation, but read/write capabilities will be disabled.
Hudu goes into Limited Mode when:
- Your billing is unsuccessful. Your free trial could have expired, or there could be problems with your subscription.
- Your instance isn't connected to the internet, or a firewall is preventing access.
- The Hudu billing server is experiencing problems.
How to get out of Limited Mode
Refresh License Key
- Go to your Hudu admin area >> License Key >> and hit the ((Refresh)) button in the green billing box to check the billing server again.
After 184.108.40.206; hitting refresh on any page within Hudu will automatically refresh the license key.
- If Self-Hosting:
- Reboot the server. This can be done from within the server, type “reboot”.
- Request a new license key here.
- Sometimes a key just has an error, let us provide a new one to see if this fixes the issue!
Check your Internet Connection
Verify that the outbound internet for the server is working and connected.
- Within Hudu, you can restrict inbound requests, but cannot block server outbound requests.
- Feel free to contact Hudu support to see if your subscription is having problems and/or to help walk you through resolving such issues!