- Access to retrieve N-Able N-Sight API credentials.
- Admin or super-admin user role within Hudu.
At any time, you can come back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> N-Able N-Sight to make changes to the integration.
- Create client spaces within Hudu directly from N-Sight companies, or seamlessly merge them into existing (already-created) client spaces.
- Pull device information from N-Sight; sorted into asset layouts based on set sort rules and your primary sync location(s).
- Pull sites/locations from N-Sight RMM.
What Hudu needs from N-Sight RMM
- Server Name.
- API Key.
- Navigate to the Hudu admin area >> Integrations.
- Select N-Able N-Sight from the list.
Obtaining the N-Able N-Sight RMM Information
- Login to N-Sight RMM and navigate to Settings >> General Settings.
- On the left-hand sidebar, click API.
- From here, next to the API Token field, click Generate.
- Copy the generated API token credentials into Hudu exactly.
- To obtain the server name, enter a valid e-mail address into "Email API Token to"; this will provide you with the server name (and API token again). Click OK and wait for the e-mail.
- Copy the server name into Hudu exactly.
- Save the settings.
Make sure to test the integration for a successful connection before continuing; do not continue on until you see a connection successful message display.
- Start the sync. After inputting all settings and ensuring the connection was successful; start the sync to push initial data to Hudu from N-Sight RMM (this is required before moving on).
Hudu recommends matching one company first, for testing purposes, to ensure that your information comes over correctly.
- The first time your integration connection runs successfully, it will attempt to bring in companies from N-Sight RMM; these are then added to the Matched Companies List of that integration.
- Navigate to the Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> and find N-Sight RMM from the list. Click into it.
- It should now have a button that says Match Companies.
- Go through the list of companies and either bulk create/match all OR decide to:
- Match the company to an existing (already created) client in Hudu;
- Create a matched client within Hudu from an N-Sight company;
- Leave unmatched, company (and corresponding data) will not be created/brought into Hudu.
- Once you have matched your companies/accounts, you must re-run the integration import to fill in all the data for the newly matched/created companies.
Primary Sync Location
- Navigate back to your Hudu admin area >> Integrations >> N-Sight RMM ((Edit Settings)).
- Choose asset layouts (must be active asset layouts) from the list to designate the primary sync locations for each type.
If you don't see/have not created any asset layouts yet, you’ll need to create these. Visit Asset layouts for additional information!
- Save your settings and stop/start your integration sync again to reflect your changes.
Answer: Native integrations will automatically re-sync (update) every 3 hours.
You can also use either the global or the card-specific re-sync features to refresh native integration syncs at any point.
Answer: If the N-Able N-Sight sync has been loading for a significant amount of time (it can take up to 10 minutes), follow the steps below:
- Test the connection to ensure Hudu and N-Able N-Sight are communicating correctly.
- Verify your N-Able N-Sight credentials.
- Refresh the page (while a sync is actively running).
- Stop the sync and restart the sync.
Answer: It should appear on subsequent re-syncs. If it is still not appearing, ensure that it has not been archived; and still exists in your sort rules.
Notes: Active integrations sync automatically every 3 hours; manual re-syncs can be performed either within an integrations’ settings page or by clicking the top right re-sync button.